Friday, January 16, 2009

I LOVE CALGARY!

While we're waiting for me to make a post about Christmas fun, I just had to quickly say....
It's days like today that makes me love living in Calgary. On the news we keep hearing about how most of the U.S. and Canada is in a deep freeze, with nasty cold temperatures. But for the past 2 days we've been basking in a balmy +8 degrees celcius (i think that's about 46 fahrenheit). And there are some weather reports that say that on Sunday or Monday we will get up to 16 celcius (61 fahrenheit). I sure hope so.
The only problem is that with all the snow we've had, the roads are a mess, and my car looks like mud. People have been getting stuck in the loose snow, that never got plowed, all over the city. However, some of us are more skilled than others, and have been just fine :)
I LOVE chinooks!

3 comments:

The Dunham's said...

SKILLED??? Didnt you hear me say...it wouldnt have mattered what vehicle I was driving?? LOL! Thats my story and Im sticking to it!!

Humphreys Family said...

Hahaha! Sorry Lisa, I forgot you were one of the ones that got stuck when i typed that. lol.

Natalie said...

Thanks for adding insult to injury - It's stinkin' cold here!
Argh!