This past week 4 of us had the opportunity to participate in our Stake Youth Conference called West to Zion. It was very similar to Trek, but not quite as intense. Ross and Marissa went as youth, and Bruce and I went as a Ma and Pa. It was fabulous.

Some of our new family members.
The first and last picture are in order, but the others are in backwards order, I'm too lazy to switch them around.

Reading letters from home. They were supposed to be delivered by pony express, but we were rushed due to threatening rain, so the plan got changed.

Two of the wounded. The only blood I saw on anyone there - Marissa and our friend Michael. Missy was playing 'the great escape' and ran thru a river, and at some point tripped and fell into a tree stump of some sort and scraped up her arm pretty bad, and had blood running down her arm. Michael somehow managed to cut himself with a knife (but didn't feel anything), and had blood dripping. He got 4 stitches.

Dutch oven dinners.

Sweetwater crossing re-enactment.


Bruce is wearing the red bandana. Poor kid, didn't know what he was getting in to...

We got attacked by indians! Very politically incorrect, but oh, so funny.

The 'buffalo hunter' provided our hungry family with beef jerky.

The prettiest wild flowers were everywhere. These ones were my favorite.

The grungy dusty leaders from our ward.
It was a lot of work to be prepared - but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
4 comments:
It was so fun and i would also do it again in a heartbeat! my favorite part was the Indians :)
looks like you guys had alot of fun! I can't wait until i am old enough to do fun things like that
Wow, makes me tired just to look at those picts! A lot of work, sewing clothes, cooking food, walking...sounds like you all had a good experience.
I love Trek! It is such a great time to get out of the city, away from everything and think about the blessings of the gospel and how we can be modern day pioneers. Loved seeing your pics! So glad you were able to go.
Post a Comment