Thursday, May 14, 2009

SPRINGTIME IN VANCOUVER

On Sunday I went to Vancouver to get 'a new eye'. Ok, so it wasn't really an eye, but rather, an artificial eye. I've been without one since April 7th when we did some minor surgery to try to fix a 6 year old hole. It took a while for the doctor to feel confident that we were successful, but I finally got the OK for my new prosthesis. I won't say much more about that now since I have some pretty graphic pictures to show you the whole process in the next blog post... but I will say, that the ocularist that makes my prosthesis is amazingly TALENTED!

I took Emma and my mom, and hopped in the car for a fun 4 day trip to the coast. We stayed with my wonderful university roommate Mary, and her family. They were great hosts/hostesses. They are such a nice family, and the kids are so kind and helpful, and cheerful. It was a delight to get to stay with them and get to know Mary's family better. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could see more of each other.

It was so nice to finally see flowers growing, green grass, leaves on the trees, and all the fruit trees and berry bushes blossoming. I love spring! too bad it's taking it's own sweet time arriving in Calgary.
Here are a few highlights from our trip. Most of these pictures were taken in Stanley Park.



My personal navigator extraordinaire! Emma with my iphone with mapping capabilities.





















2 comments:

The Dunham's said...

Oooo very fun! And way to be punctual on the posting!! I recognize some of those creatures from the aquarium...but you got better dolphin ones. I was balancing James and he hindered my photography skills. LOVE the temple picture! Very fun!! Cant wait to see the eye post!!!

thegehmclan said...

Congrats on the new eye! Aquariums are so fun. The weather looks so misty...the temple looks very similiar to the Rexburg one. How fun and Congrats again!