Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Great Pumpkins !

So, every year a day or two before Halloween, Bruce and the kids like to get creative. I can claim no credit for the pumpkins that are carved at our house. I think the first time this happened was because I was busy helping the kids with their costumes, and Bruce was delegated to pumpkin duty. But I think he enjoyed it as an outlet for his creative side, so Bruce and the kids now enjoy carving pumpkins together each year. Ross has reached the point where he requires no help, and even helps the young ones. It's soooo nice to be able to cross something off my list of preparations. Here are their masterpieces this year.



Emma's creation (with a little help from Ross and Missy)


Erica and Bruce's masterpiece


Ross and Marissa's awesomeness (as Ross likes to say)

6 comments:

The Dunham's said...

2 POSTS in 2 DAYS!!!! Im so darn proud!!!! LOVE the pumpkins! Good thing Ross captured those when they were lit!! They look awesome!! You put us to shame...ours didnt even see the blade of a knife this year...slackers over here!

thegehmclan said...

Wow, such artists in the family! Ours just have basic eyes nose mouth. But, the kids loved it! I am so glad you are feeling better. You look Great! Keep us posted, you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Natalie said...

Fabulous pumpkins, guys! You put ours to shame!!

Barb said...

Ross has skillzez (as Steven likes to say)

Lori said...

Yay! You blogged! We have been missing you. Glad you had a happy Halloween.

Sheila said...

Hey... time for a new blog. I'm waiting to see what else is happening in the Humphreys family. Love Ya